Recently bill H.R.5, called the Equality Act, passed through the House of Representatives with a vote of 236-173. This bill will make it illegal for anyone to deny services to anyone who is part of the LGBT(QRSTUV…) community.
This bill puts homosexuals and transgender indiviuals under the same protection as African Americans and women. Before you shout “They’re born that way!” – nobody is born a homosexual or transgender.
People who have a skin tone (regardless of their ethnic background) are born with that skin tone. It’s part of their DNA. They have no control over it. People who are born as a man will always be a man, no matter what surgery you go through. It’s part of your DNA. No matter how you look on the outside, your insides will always be shouting “MAN!”
Homosexuality and transgenderism are behaviors. They are actions, choices, decisions. You are not born a homosexual or transgender any more than you’re born a race car driver or a chair. You might have inclinations and urges toward something, but it’s acting on those urges that make you LGBT.
But this bill is going to force everyone to “acknowledge” LGBT people as if they’re “born that way.”
This will violate everyone’s freedom of speech and freedom of religion. It will be illegal to speak out against these people’s sinful actions (they’ll consider it hate speech and therefore a hate crime). And it’ll be illegal to deny any services to this group regardless of religious convictions.
The Liberty Council has listed some of the problems churches and this country will face (emphasis mine):
- Churches would be forced to host same-sex ceremonies.
- Counselors will be gagged from giving professional help to those facing unwanted same-sex desires or actions.
- Religious adoption agencies will be required to place innocent children in homes with adults involved in same-sex conduct.
- If churches or religious organizations take overnight trips, including sports or mission trips, they cannot segregate rooms by biological gender.
- Biological men will have access to bathrooms, showers and nursing-mother rooms at any time, and stay as long as they please.
- Churches would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBT conduct, even positions of authority in affiliated daycare classes and give them complete access to all children in the restrooms.
- Cross-dressers could demand that they be greeters, ushers, Sunday School teachers and more.
- Even the smallest slight would give someone the legal right to sue a church. For example, if someone assumed he was were turned down for a staff position because of his LGBT lifestyle, he (or she) could sue the church for damages, even if that was not the reason he was denied the job!
This is a big problem. I have no doubt that churches will be shut down left and right.
Regarding this bill, Franklin Graham warns,
“Christians will be persecuted for their sincerely held beliefs as never before. The clear teachings of the Bible on the sins of homosexuality and abortion will no doubt be considered’hate speech.’ It will be a nightmare from which this nation may never recover.”
Christians need to step up. We need to act before we lose the ability to act. This bill has passed the House and if we want to hold on to our religious freedoms, we need to have the bill stopped in the Senate.
But this isn’t just about politics. It’s about believing the Bible is God’s Word. It’s about believing what He says is true. And it’s about taking a stand for that truth.
The Liberty Council has written a letter for everyone to send to their Senators, making it easy to contact them and urge them to vote against the Equality Act.
Please copy, paste, sign, and send so we are able to stand up for God while it’s still legal to do so.
I urge you to stand against the “Equality Act.” Please stop this insidious attack on our religious liberties. Already more than 51,000 other Americans are actively opposing S 788 (also known as HR 5) in partnership with Liberty Counsel and Liberty Counsel Action.
S 788 threatens religious liberty, speech, privacy and women’s rights. This bill forbids raising free exercise as a claim or defense to the LGBT agenda. This bill elevates the LGBT agenda to the same privileges as race and removes the freedom of choice for religious Americans!
The “Equality Act” is not about equality. It is about the domination of LGBT privileges over individual religious freedom. It targets churches, religious organizations, educators, businesses and even families.
Liberty Counsel has created a webpage regarding this bill at www.lc.org/hr5.
As a freedom-loving American, I urge you to uphold and protect our freedom of speech and religious freedom by opposing this dangerous bill.